Hi, I’m Rebecca!
I am a Licensed Independent Social Worker in the state of Ohio. My pronouns are she/her and I have been a social worker for 10+ years.
This wild career started in 2012 interning with a mental health agency, from there I sprung into an internship with a global financial company assisting their employee assistance program, my time in school ended with a placement with a local government official being a research associate.
Post graduation I worked in community mental health, I transitioned to my current role as a care manager for a local non profit, managing home care for children and adults on the waiver program.
While I have lived much of my time in the nonprofit workforce, my passion resides in private practice as a therapist. I have spent the last 5 years counseling part time with clients who have anxiety, depression, PTSD, and identify as 2SLGBTQIA+.
Recently, much of my therapy practice has been writing letters for clients who are need gender affirming surgery. My work as therapist has been and always will be person centered.
This is a space where all social workers, counselors, therapists, and clients can come for resources mixed in with some of my own musings on mental health, advocacy and the ever present need to be a better human to the world.
A few fun facts about me:
- I have been crowd surfing at a metal show
- Nikes are my kryptonite
- I think dress codes for therapists are a waste of time
- I prefer my coffee iced 98.3% of the time
- My husband and I drove from Seattle to Los Angeles for our honeymoon with few plans in place
- I failed out of nursing school and considered majoring in mortuary science before deciding upon social work